2 April 2019. Simpson Returns, a novella, released through Text Publishing.
- 6 September. A reading from Simpson Returns at Brunswick Bound, 361 Sydney Road, Brunswick.
- 2 September. A long-form review of Simpson Returns, in Sydney Review of Books. 'Elegant... ingenious'
- August 2019. Meanjin & Readings blogs on Caravan Story. 'Funny, interesting, smart, and like nothing else I’ve ever read'
- 27 June 2019. An event at The Grumpy Swimmer bookshop, 110 Ormond Road, Elwood.
- 22 May 2019. An interview with Mel Cranenburg on 3RRR's Backstory.
- 16 May 2019. An event at Neighbourhood Books, 55 High Street, Northcote.
- 11 May 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed in The Australian. 'arguably Australia's finest contemporary literary satirist'
- 1 May 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed in Australian Book Review. 'They should teach this book at school.'
- 29 April 2019. An interview on ABC Radio National's The Book Show.
- 25 April 2009. The Guardian on Anzac and Simpson Returns. 'masterful and beautiful... a triumph'
- 25 April 2019. An interview on 3CR's Published...Or Not.
- 13 April 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed in The Age.
- 12 April 2019. Article on Simpson Returns in The Guardian.
- 9 April 2019. An interview on ABC Melbourne Evenings.
- 9 April 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed on Booknotes. 'A must read.'
- 8 April 2019. Interview: Wheeler Centre: Working With Words.
- 4 April 2019. An interview on RN's The Drawing Room.
30 May 2017. Some Tests, a new novel, is released.
- 27 March 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed in Readings Monthly.
- 30 March 2019. Simpson Returns reviewed in The Saturday Paper.
- 25 January 2019. Simpson Returns listed in The Australian's Hot Reads for 2019.
- 24 December 2018. Simpson Returns listed in The Age & Sydney Morning Herald's What To Read In 2019.
- December 2018. Idle Hands, a story, in Overland (Issue #233).
- Feb-Aug 2018. A six-month residency at the Keesing Studio, Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, funded through the Literature Board of the Australia Council.
- 23 May 2018. Some Tests longlisted for the Miles Franklin Award.
- 24 December 2017. S J Finn on Caravan Story ('eating one piece of art at a time' #54)
- 23 December 2017. Some Tests listed in The Australian's Best Books of 2017.
- 21 December 2017. Some Tests shortlisted in the Adelaide Festival Awards for Literature.
- 2 December 2017. Some Tests listed as a Book of the Year in Australian Book Review. 'a subtle and quietly moving novel'
- 5 October 2017. Caravan, co-written with Angus Cerini, Patricia Cornelius and Melissa Reeves, premieres at Malthouse Theatre as part of the 2017 Melbourne Festival. Nominated for a 2018 Awgie Award.
- 7 September 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Sydney Review of Books. 'amusing and very often frightening'
- 1 September 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Lifted Brow. 'sinister and spiritual'
- 12 August 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Australian.
- 27 July 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Kill Your Darlings.
- 5 July 2017. An interview on 3RRR's Multi-Storied with Elizabeth McCarthy and Louise Irving.
- 5 July 2017. A salon at Paperback Bookshop, Melbourne to talk about Some Tests.
- 30 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Sydney Morning Herald & The Age. 'the shock of the familiar, vividly portrayed'
- 27 June 2017. Interview about Some Tests on Radio National Books and Arts.
- 24 June 2017. Interview about Some Tests in The Guardian.
- 23 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed on ANZ LitLovers blog.
- 21 June 2017. Some Tests listed in Readings' Top Picks Of The Month For Book Clubs.
- 19 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in the Otago Times (NZ).
- 16 June 2017. In-store event with Krissy Kneen at Avid Reader bookshop, Brisbane.
- 6 June 2017. Some Tests is officially launched at Readings Carlton by critic James Ley. 'I genuinely consider Wayne Macauley to be one of one of the best fiction writers in the country'
- 3 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Saturday Paper. 'Wayne Macauley is an Australian original'
- 1 June 2017. An interview on 3CR's Published... or Not with David McLean.
- 30 May 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Readings Monthly magazine. 'Teeming with ideas... thought-provoking... completely unique... utterly compelling'
More news archived here...