- 23rd July 2014. Demons, a new novel. A beach house in winter. Seven friends. Seven stories. 'I might have made a few mistakes—I'm not saying I haven't made mistakes...'
- 4th November 2013. Keilor Cranium, first published in Meanjin (Vol 71, No. 4), is republished in Black Inc's The Best Australian Stories 2013.
- 16th October 2013. A playlist for The Cook, on the Largehearted Boy music blog (USA). Featuring tracks by The Necks, The Sand Pebbles, Silver Ray, and others.
- 16th October 2013. The Cook listed in Insight Guides' Australian Literature: Ten Great Books to Try.
- 27th September 2013. An Australia Council Literature Board grant to fund work on a new novel (Jan-Dec 2014).
- 6th August 2013. An overview of the oeuvre, by SJ Finn in Readings Monthly. 'Traversing the ordinary and drawing out the particular… Macauley travels the landscape of the common experience with almost
sublime casualness.' Read the full article here.
1st August 2013. The Cook (UK) re-jacketed and reissued in paperback.
"thought-provoking and brilliant" - The Guardian
"as tightly structured as a thriller" - Irish Examiner
"original, ambitious and disturbing" - Glasgow Herald
The Cook, a new novel, was released
by Text Publishing on the 3rd of October 2011 and officially launched at Readings Bookshop, Carlton, on Wednesday October 19th. For reviews and other news click
here or go
to The Cook page on Text's website.