- 16th-23rd March 2013. The Republic of Trees, an adaptation for outdoor performance of Italo Calvino's The Baron in the Trees (Il Barone Rampante) performed as part of the 2013 Castlemaine State Festival. (Winner of the 2012 George Fairfax New Theatre Award.)
- 23rd February 2013 Blueprints for a Barbed-Wire Canoe reviewed on ANZ LitLovers blog.
- 26th January 2013. The Cook (UK) reviewed in Irish Examiner.
- 4th January 2013. The Cook (UK) reviewed in Financial Times.
- 13th December 2012. The Cook (UK) reviewed in The Guardian.
- 10th December 2012. 'Eating in End Times', a short article on satire and The Cook, on Writer's Hub, UK.
- December 2012. A new story in Meanjin (Summer Issue).
- 16th November 2012. The Cook (UK) reviewed in the Daily Mail.
- November 2012. The Cook (UK) reviewed online here, here, here, here, here and here.
- 8th November 2012. The Cook published in the UK by Quercus.
- 8th November 2012. The Cook wins the inaugural 2012 Most Underrated Book Award. (Presented by SPUNC: Small Press Underground Networking Community).
- 8th November 2012. 'Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction':
a literary debate with Shane Maloney, Jeff Sparrow and Amy Espeseth
at The Wheelers Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne.
- 4th November 2012. A Hair of the Dog (from Other Stories) broadcast on ABC Radio National.
- 26th & 27th October 2012. International Festival of Authors (IFOA)
in Toronto, Canada.
- 1st October 2012. The Cook (Aşçı, trns. İlker Sönmez) is published in Turkey by Ithaki.
- 29th September 2012. Blueprints for a Barbed-Wire Canoe and Caravan Story reviewed in the Weekend Australian.
- 15th September 2012. Interview with Mark Cubey on Radio New Zealand's 'Saturday Morning'. (Find audio link here.)
- 5th September 2012. The Cook shortlisted for a Melbourne Prize Best Writing Award.
- 25th August 2012. Melbourne Writers Festival. 'Our Political Lives', with Elliot Perlman, Charlotte Wood and Sylvia Lawson.
- 25th August 2012. A new story in The Big Issue, launched at MWF.
- 17th August. Caravan Story (new edition) reviewed on Radio New Zealand. (Find audio link here.)
- 9th August 2012. The Cook shortlisted for a Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Fiction.
- 4th August 2012. The Cook reviewed in Winnipeg Free Press (Penguin Canada edition).
- 3rd-5th August 2012. Byron Bay Writers Festival.
- 31st July 2012. The Cook published in Canada by Penguin.
- 26th July 2012.
An 'in-conversation' event with Gerald Murnane, 6.30pm at Readings St Kilda.
- 25th July 2012. Blueprints for a Barbed-Wire Canoe and Caravan Story reissued by Text Publishing.
- 23rd July 2012. A Winter's Tale readings. 6.15pm at The Moat, Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
- 5th July 2012. The Cook shortlisted for a WA Premier's Book Award for Fiction.
- 3rd July 2012. The Cook featured on ABC TV's First Tuesday Book Club.
- 21st June 2012. Food Obsession with Maria Tumarkin and Arabella Forge at Sunflower Bookshop, 434 Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick.
- 15th June 2012. Slow Canoe Readings. Schoolhouse Studios, 97 Nicholson Street, Abbotsford.
- May 2012. Introduction to Gerald Murnane's The Plains appears in reissue as part of Text's Australian Classics series. (Reprinted in April issue of Kill Your Darlings magazine. Edited version published 5th May in the Weekend Australian.)
- 21st March 2012. Interview with Chris Flynn and Michael Cathcart on ABC Radio National. (Podcast here.)
- 3rd-8th March 2012. Adelaide Writers Week.
- 23rd-26th February 2012. Perth Writers Festival.
- January 2012. Nick Cave raves about The Cook: 'genuinely gripping... beautifully subversive. I loved it'.
- 24th December 2011. The Cook listed in
the Weekend Australian's 'Books of the
- 13th December 2011. The Cook named Favourite Australian Fiction of 2011 on ABC Radio
National Breakfast. (Listen here.)
2011. The Cook rights sold to Penguin (Canada) and Quercus (UK), for publication in
- 11th December 2011. The Cook is listed
in the Sunday Herald Sun's 'Jolly Good Reads' (best books for Xmas).
December 2011. The Cook is listed among chief literary critic Geordie
Williamson's 'Essential Summer Reading' in The Weekend Australian.
November 2011. The Cook is listed in Readings Bookshop's 'Best Fiction of 2011' .
The Cook, a new novel, was released
by Text Publishing on the 3rd of October 2011 and officially launched at Readings Bookshop, Carlton, on Wednesday October 19th. For reviews and other news click
here or go
to The Cook page on Text's website.