23rd July 2014. Demons, a new novel, is released.
- 1 December 2014. A wide-ranging interview with writer Charlotte Wood for her The Writer's Room Interviews series.
- 1 December 2014. Demons listed by State Library of Victoria as a 2014/15 'Summer Read'.
- 1 December 2014. Demons reviewed on Books and Pieces blog.
- 21st November 2014. Demons listed as a Best Fiction Book of 2014 by Readings Bookshop.
- 18th November 2014. A long-form review of Demons by James Ley in Sydney Review of Books.
- 3rd November 2014. An interview on Channel 31's Behind The Words.
- 24th October 2014. 'Nobody Should Be Afraid Of His Little Bit Of Weirdness', an essay on Robert Walser in Sydney Review of Books.
- 21st October 2014. An interview on 4ZZZ's The Book Club with Sky Kirkham.
- 11th September 2014. An event at Book Bonding bookshop, 409 Keilor Road, Niddrie.
- 17th September 2014. An interview on 3RRR's 'Multi-storied' with Elizabeth McCarthy and Louise Irving. Listen here.
- 31st August 2014. 10am. 'The Morning Read' at Melbourne Writers Festival with Catherine Harris, Terry Hayes and Ouyang Yu.
- 30th August 2014. Demons reviewed in Melbourne.Arts.Fashion.
- 26th August 2014. Jennifer Byrne Presents: Seven Deadly Sins. Panel discussion on Gluttony, with Charlotte Wood, George McEnroe & Mark Colvin.
- 24th August 2014. Demons reviewed in Sunday Age & Sydney Morning Herald.
- 22nd August 2014. 'Limits of Storytelling', a Melbourne Writers Festival event with James Ley and Maria Tumarkin.
- 16th August 2014. Demons reviewed in the Auckland Herald.
- 14th August 2014. In conversation at Sun Bookshop in Yarraville.
- 9th August 2014. An interview on 2SER's Final Draft.
- 8th August 2014. Demons reviewed in The Age.
- 4th August 2014. In conversation at Avid Reader bookshop in West End, Brisbane.
- 5th August 2014. In conversation at Avenue Bookstore in Albert Park.
- 1st August 2014. 'Story of My Life', profile and preview of Demons in The Big Issue.
- 1st August 2014. Interview on 'Writers Radio', Radio Adelaide, with Cath Kenneally. Listen here.
- July 2014. Six Anecdotes (new short fiction) in Higher Arc #4.
- 29th July 2014. Interview with Bernard Ryan on 94.7 Geelong's 'The Blurb'.
- 29th July 2014. Demons, Q&A and official launch at Readings Carlton with Martin Shaw.
- 26th July 2014. Demons reviewed in The Australian.
- 26th July 2014. Demons reviewed in The Saturday Paper.
- 24th July 2014. Interview with Michael Williams on Radio National's 'Books & Arts Daily'.
- 24th July 2014. Interview with Jan Goldsmith on 3CR.'s 'Published... Or Not'.
- 10th July 2014. Demons a Staff Pick at Readings. 'A compelling, hilarious, biting satire of our rampant culture of narcissism - Demons is Macauley at his caustic best.' Read Martin Shaw's full review here.
- 10th July 2014. Six New Anecdotes (new short fiction) in The Lifted Brow.
- 5th May 2014. The Cook featured on Reading Matters ('8 Good Reads From Australia').
- 4th November 2013. Keilor Cranium, first published in Meanjin (Vol 71, No. 4), is republished in Black Inc's The Best Australian Stories 2013.
- 16th October 2013. A playlist for The Cook, on the Largehearted Boy music blog (USA). Featuring tracks by The Necks, The Sand Pebbles, Silver Ray, and others.
- 16th October 2013. The Cook listed in Insight Guides' Australian Literature: Ten Great Books to Try.
- 27th September 2013. An Australia Council Literature Board grant (Jan-Dec 2014).
- 6th August 2013. An overview of the oeuvre, by SJ Finn in Readings Monthly. 'Traversing the ordinary and drawing out the particular… Macauley travels the landscape of the common experience with almost
sublime casualness.' Read the full article here.
1st August 2013. The Cook (UK) re-jacketed and reissued in paperback.
"thought-provoking and brilliant" - The Guardian
"as tightly structured as a thriller" - Irish Examiner
"original, ambitious and disturbing" - Glasgow Herald
8th November 2012. The Cook published in the UK by Quercus.
1st October 2012. The Cook (Aşçı, trns. İlker Sönmez) published in Turkey by Ithaki.
31st July 2012. The Cook published in Canada by Penguin.
3rd October 2011. The Cook, a new novel, published in Australia and New Zealand