- 11th September 2014. 7pm. An event at Book Bonding bookshop, 409 Keilor Road, Niddrie. Tel: 9374 4458
- 17th September 2014. 12.10pm. An interview on 3RRR's 'Multi-storied' with Elizabeth McCarthy and Louise Irving.
23rd July 2014. Demons, a new novel, is released.
- 10th July 2014. Demons a Staff Pick at Readings. 'A compelling, hilarious, biting satire of our rampant culture of narcissism - Demons is Macauley at his caustic best.' Read Martin Shaw's full review here.
- 10th July 2014. Six New Anecdotes (new short fiction) in The Lifted Brow.
- 5th May 2014. The Cook featured on Reading Matters ('8 Good Reads From Australia').
- 4th November 2013. Keilor Cranium, first published in Meanjin (Vol 71, No. 4), is republished in Black Inc's The Best Australian Stories 2013.
- 16th October 2013. A playlist for The Cook, on the Largehearted Boy music blog (USA). Featuring tracks by The Necks, The Sand Pebbles, Silver Ray, and others.
- 16th October 2013. The Cook listed in Insight Guides' Australian Literature: Ten Great Books to Try.
- 27th September 2013. An Australia Council Literature Board grant (Jan-Dec 2014).
- 6th August 2013. An overview of the oeuvre, by SJ Finn in Readings Monthly. 'Traversing the ordinary and drawing out the particular… Macauley travels the landscape of the common experience with almost
sublime casualness.' Read the full article here.
1st August 2013. The Cook (UK) re-jacketed and reissued in paperback.
"thought-provoking and brilliant" - The Guardian
"as tightly structured as a thriller" - Irish Examiner
"original, ambitious and disturbing" - Glasgow Herald
The Cook, a new novel, was released
by Text Publishing on the 3rd of October 2011 and officially launched at Readings Bookshop, Carlton, on Wednesday October 19th. For reviews and other news click
here or go
to The Cook page on Text's website.