2 April 2019. Simpson Returns, a novella, to be released through Text Publishing.
30 May 2017. Some Tests, a new novel, is released.
- 25 January 2019. Simpson Returns listed in The Australian's Hot Reads for 2019.
- 24 December 2018. Simpson Returns listed in The Age & Sydney Morning Herald's What To Read In 2019.
- December 2018. Idle Hands, a story, in Overland (Issue #233).
- Feb-Aug 2018. A six-month residency at the Keesing Studio, Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, funded through the Literature Board of the Australia Council.
- 23 May 2018. Some Tests longlisted for the Miles Franklin Award.
- 24 December 2017. S J Finn on Caravan Story ('eating one piece of art at a time' #54)
- 23 December 2017. Some Tests listed in The Australian's Best Books of 2017.
- 21 December 2017. Some Tests shortlisted in the Adelaide Festival Awards for Literature.
- 2 December 2017. Some Tests listed as a Book of the Year in Australian Book Review. 'a subtle and quietly moving novel'
- 5 October 2017. Caravan, co-written with Angus Cerini, Patricia Cornelius and Melissa Reeves, premieres at Malthouse Theatre as part of the 2017 Melbourne Festival. Nominated for a 2018 Awgie Award.
- 7 September 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Sydney Review of Books. 'amusing and very often frightening'
- 1 September 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Lifted Brow. 'sinister and spiritual'
- 12 August 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Australian.
- 27 July 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Kill Your Darlings.
- 5 July 2017. An interview on 3RRR's Multi-Storied with Elizabeth McCarthy and Louise Irving.
- 5 July 2017. A salon at Paperback Bookshop, Melbourne to talk about Some Tests.
- 30 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Sydney Morning Herald & The Age. 'the shock of the familiar, vividly portrayed'
- 27 June 2017. Interview about Some Tests on Radio National Books and Arts.
- 24 June 2017. Interview about Some Tests in The Guardian.
- 23 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed on ANZ LitLovers blog.
- 21 June 2017. Some Tests listed in Readings' Top Picks Of The Month For Book Clubs.
- 19 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in the Otago Times (NZ).
- 16 June 2017. In-store event with Krissy Kneen at Avid Reader bookshop, Brisbane.
- 6 June 2017. Some Tests is officially launched at Readings Carlton by critic James Ley. 'I genuinely consider Wayne Macauley to be one of one of the best fiction writers in the country'
- 3 June 2017. Some Tests reviewed in The Saturday Paper. 'Wayne Macauley is an Australian original'
- 1 June 2017. An interview on 3CR's Published... or Not with David McLean.
- 30 May 2017. Some Tests reviewed in Readings Monthly magazine. 'Teeming with ideas... thought-provoking... completely unique... utterly compelling'
February 2017. A trip to Auxerre, France, to see Les Messagers performed.
- August 2016. Extensive interview with Charlotte Wood in her The Writer's Room collection.
- 19 November 2015. Premiere performance of Les Messagers
(The Messengers), translated by Etienne Grebot. Performed by Compagnie
Les Encombrants at Theatre Mansart, Dijon, France. Directed by Etienne
More news archived here...