23rd July 2014. Demons, a new novel, is released.
- 15 & 16 August 2015. Mudgee Readers Festival.
- 22 May 2015. Sydney Writers Festival.
- 2 May 2015. Demons reviewed on Reading Matters blog (UK).
- 30 April 2015. Demons is released in the U.K (Published by Text, distributed through Turnaround).
- 24 April 2015. Demons reviewed in the Daily Mail (UK)
- 14 April 2015. Demons is released in the U.S (Published by Text, distributed through Consortium).
- March 2015. A Comment About Free Market Forces, new short fiction in Overland.
- 21-24 February 2015. Perth Writers Festival, including PWF at The Great Southern Ocean in Albany.
- 1 January 2015. Spinning Stories: the difference between fiction writers and politicians, an article in The Guardian.
- 29 December 2014. Demons listed as a 'Favourite Book of 2014' on Books and Pieces blog. ('Wayne Macauley's Demons rightly establishes him as perhaps Australia's greatest contemporary author.')
- 20 December 2014. Demons listed as a Book of the Year in The Australian.
- 11 December 2014. Demons shortlisted for a Victorian Premier's Literary Award.
- 1 December 2014. A wide-ranging interview with writer Charlotte Wood for her The Writer's Room Interviews series.
- 1 December 2014. Demons listed by State Library of Victoria as a 2014/15 'Summer Read'.
- 1 December 2014. Demons reviewed on Books and Pieces blog.
- 21 November 2014. Demons listed as a Best Fiction Book of 2014 by Readings Bookshop.
- 18 November 2014. A long-form review of Demons by James Ley in Sydney Review of Books.
- 3 November 2014. An interview on Channel 31's Behind The Words.
- 24 October 2014. Nobody Should Be Afraid Of His Little Bit Of Weirdness, an essay on Robert Walser in Sydney Review of Books.
- 21 October 2014. An interview on 4ZZZ's The Book Club with Sky Kirkham.
- 17 September 2014. An interview on 3RRR's 'Multi-storied' with Elizabeth McCarthy and Louise Irving. Listen here.
- 31 August 2014. 10am. 'The Morning Read' at Melbourne Writers Festival with Catherine Harris, Terry Hayes and Ouyang Yu.
- 30 August 2014. Demons reviewed in Melbourne.Arts.Fashion.
- 26 August 2014. Jennifer Byrne Presents: Seven Deadly Sins. Panel discussion on Gluttony, with Charlotte Wood, George McEnroe & Mark Colvin.
- 24 August 2014. Demons reviewed in Sunday Age & Sydney Morning Herald.
- 22 August 2014. 'Limits of Storytelling', a Melbourne Writers Festival event with James Ley and Maria Tumarkin.
- 16 August 2014. Demons reviewed in the Auckland Herald.
- 14 August 2014. In conversation at Sun Bookshop in Yarraville.
- 9 August 2014. An interview on 2SER's Final Draft.
- 8 August 2014. Demons reviewed in The Age.
- 4 August 2014. In conversation at Avid Reader bookshop in West End, Brisbane.
- 5 August 2014. In conversation at Avenue Bookstore in Albert Park.
- 1 August 2014. 'Story of My Life', profile and preview of Demons in The Big Issue.
- 1 August 2014. Interview on 'Writers Radio', Radio Adelaide, with Cath Kenneally. Listen here.
- July 2014. Six Anecdotes (new short fiction) in Higher Arc #4.
- 29 July 2014. Interview with Bernard Ryan on 94.7 Geelong's 'The Blurb'.
- 29 July 2014. Demons, Q&A and official launch at Readings Carlton with Martin Shaw.
- 26 July 2014. Demons reviewed in The Australian.
- 26 July 2014. Demons reviewed in The Saturday Paper.
- 24 July 2014. Interview with Michael Williams on Radio National's 'Books & Arts Daily'.
- 24 July 2014. Interview with Jan Goldsmith on 3CR.'s 'Published... Or Not'.
- 10 July 2014. Demons a Staff Pick at Readings. 'A compelling, hilarious, biting satire of our rampant culture of narcissism - Demons is Macauley at his caustic best.' Read Martin Shaw's full review here.
- 10 July 2014. Six New Anecdotes (new short fiction) in The Lifted Brow.
- 5 May 2014. The Cook featured on Reading Matters ('8 Good Reads From Australia').
- 4 November 2013. Keilor Cranium, first published in Meanjin (Vol 71, No. 4), is republished in Black Inc's The Best Australian Stories 2013.
- 16 October 2013. A playlist for The Cook, on the Largehearted Boy music blog (USA). Featuring tracks by The Necks, The Sand Pebbles, Silver Ray, and others.
- 16 October 2013. The Cook listed in Insight Guides' Australian Literature: Ten Great Books to Try.
- 27 September 2013. An Australia Council Literature Board grant (Jan-Dec 2014).
- 6 August 2013. An overview of the oeuvre, by SJ Finn in Readings Monthly. 'Traversing the ordinary and drawing out the particular… Macauley travels the landscape of the common experience with almost
sublime casualness.' Read the full article here.
1 August 2013. The Cook (UK) re-jacketed and reissued in paperback.
"thought-provoking and brilliant" - The Guardian
"as tightly structured as a thriller" - Irish Examiner
"original, ambitious and disturbing" - Glasgow Herald
8 November 2012. The Cook published in the UK by Quercus.
1 October 2012. The Cook (Aşçı, trns. İlker Sönmez) published in Turkey by Ithaki.
31st July 2012. The Cook published in Canada by Penguin.
3 October 2011. The Cook, a new novel, is published in Australia and New Zealand